Saturday, April 16, 2011

Pat's (aborted) Run

So, I recently signed up to be a member of the Iraq & Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA) and was scheduled to run a race today with said group. This race is called "Pat's Run" and is honor of Pat Tillman, of which the main event is held in his home state of Arizona. Then they have "shadow runs" in cities across the country, one of course being DC. Well, that race was today, and it go cancelled due to flooding! The US Park Police wouldn't let us run because of said water issues...so being hardcore military folk the we are, we decided to go for a run in the rain anyways!




Anyways, thanks to IAVA I was able to register for the race for free (which should be run at a later date, though I hope it doesn't conflict with a race I already have planned), and some free swag. So in addition to the race shirt, I also scored IAVA shirt and hat (and I REALLY love the fact that both of those items were made in the good ole USA). :)

6 comments:

Dad said...

I'm proud of you son, your fellow vets/runners, and our country!
Way To Go!

Oblow leather jacket said...

I am very happy to keep track the thing that I used to do. many thanks for sharing. impressive page indeed.

Fight Club Jackets said...

Really very nice post & good work i love your work and its surprisingly helped me in my research.Thanks for sharing

Inspector Clouseau said...

Interesting blog Mikey. Nice blog work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing, and best wishes for the holiday season.

Real Exams said...

I Came across your blog and decided to have a study on it, I don't always do this, but this blog is wonderful. Great to see a Blog that has great content, and makes sense. Great job

Home Tuition said...

GRADUATE HOME TUITION is a registered business in Singapore and Hong Kong that has an extensive network of dedicated and experienced home tutors.