Monday, January 3, 2011

Fairfax Four Miler

Not the best finish time in the world (being that I slow down my running this time of year due to the weather); but an enjoyable 4 mile run was had nonetheless. Race got a bit too dark in spots for my liking, but luckily that was a somewhat rare occurrence. Oh, and another hilly race through George Mason University (raced there back in July).

Anyways here's the stats

Place: 754 out of 1291 (very close to my bib number, haha)
Time: 39:06

10 minute mile? Yuck! Though in my defense, one of my shoes untied a mile into the race so I had to "pull over to the shoulder" rip off my gloves and fix it. I did double knot them before I started, but couldn't stand the laces flipping around loose down there. If that hadn't have happened, I'd probably be around 38:00 to 38:30. :P

3 comments:

Mom said...

Nice pic son, sorry about the shoe lace thou.

Dad said...

You sure are a dedicated runner son.
Most people slow down in the winter months but not you.
Way to go!

Nike said...

The Nike Shox NZ 2.0 SI is great shoe Tiger Shoes for heavy runners and walkers. If you are a big man, the Nike Shox NZ 2.0 SI will work a lot better than the Nike Max Airs. If you have never worn Nike Shox before, Franklin Marshall Store then you will need to know that the shoe is not as comfortable right out of the box. You must "break your Shox in". Once the Shox are broke in, D&G sunglasses they tend to be more comfortable and durable for heavier people. Lighter people may want to stick to the Nike Air Max shoes.